We aggregate, compare, check and process COVID-19 data from:
- WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- Wikipedia 2019–2020 coronavirus pandemic data template
- CDC Cases of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in the U.S.
Some countries don't provide information on active and recovered cases, but serving zeroes will lead to incorrect calculation of world statistics (active cases will constantly grow and won't reflect the real situation). We calculate active and recovered cases for these countries based on data from studies of the course of coronavirus infection:
- Bhapkar, H.R., Mahalle, P.N., Dey, N. et al. Revisited COVID-19 Mortality and Recovery Rates: Are we Missing Recovery Time Period?. J Med Syst 44, 202 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-020-01668-6
- Muhammad Adnan Shereen, Suliman Khan, Abeer Kazmi, Nadia Bashir, Rabeea Siddique, COVID-19 infection: Origin, transmission, and characteristics of human coronaviruses, Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 24, 2020, Pages 91-98, ISSN 2090-1232, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jare.2020.03.005